Before you take a peak.....

You need to be aware this is our old blog. Dave (the blogger) started blogging when, as a family, we went to India for 3.5 months from April - August 2008. This blog is the story of our time there. You'll find lots about our story by going to the 'archives' section of the blog to the left below.

If you want to see our current news go to our new website and blog here..

July 03, 2008

A hornets nest...

Well my blog item on the tension between 'doing up the church' type thing and 'being in the slums' (on the 1.7.08) seems to have stirred up a little hornets nest back there in the UK!! I wasn't trying to be that controversial but the e mails and comments I have had back have been very interesting: Some agreeing strongly and being challenged to do something again, others objecting to what I said, others giving me some 'wisdom to try and help me' and others just appreciating the tension and agreeing it's hard......

Let me say again THIS WAS NOT ABOUT HAVING A POP AT MY CHURCH AT ALL!!! I have no problem at all with what my Church has done! In fact Sarah and Bec (friend) were some of the instigators of getting the work off the ground in the early days. My point was not to criticise money being spent in the UK but simply to point out the tensions that we see, watching the UK but living here. How do we try to reconcile (and I no we never fully will) seeing money used on all sorts in the UK (yes, we are a family who wastes money too!!) and yet see families with little enough rice to survive here at times...??

Well me thinks me has pushed a few buttons with people...Sorry!! At least I think I am sorry!? I am not sure I've made my mind up yet!! It certainly wasn't my aim to offend....